Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Sounds

For my own sanity, I have to start by talking about my favorite band.

The Sounds.

Oh, yes. They get their own line. That's how awesome they are. I even got my URL (hope you're happy now) from one of their songs. An ex-boyfriend introduced me to the band. He may have been a jerk, but he had some good taste in music. The Sounds, a New Wave band from Sweden have a unique sound that combines guitar, bass, drums and a synthesizer. I know it sounds lame, but the band found a way to create songs that are appealing in the way they sound, but also in their lyrics. I can also say for a fact that The Sounds are awesome entertainers as well. I went to one of their concerts, and let's just say they were rockin'.

So where have you heard them before? One of the band's songs, "Hurt You" was featured in a Geico commercial. If you know Bam Margera, former Jackass member, chances are you know The Sounds. The band's songs have been featured in countless episodes of Jackass and other shows that Bam appeared in. The Sounds performed at Margera's wedding in Bam's Unholy Union, a reality show on MTV in 2007.

My personal favorite Sounds song is hard to choose. But I do love this one, and I encourage you to look up more songs!

No comments:

Post a Comment