Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Trivium

Okay, so if you know me at all, I do not look like I would be into metal music...and yet, I am. Thrash metal tends to be my favorite of the metal genres and Trivium is my favorite metal band. I saw them in concert, and, oh man, were they good!

Again, the ex introduced me to this band as well. What won me over was Trivium's album, The Crusade. In this album, they got away from the screaming they had done in The Ascendancy and did "singing" instead. Now, I put singing in quotes because while it was technically singing, it was still metal singing. So it was harsh, rough and of course rockin'. With the new singing style and the band's always impressive musicality and intricate riffs, The Crusade was sure to be a success.

Their most recent album, Shogun, did not impress me as much as The Crusade at first. It took me a bit to get used to the new style. They had brought back some of the screaming, improved screaming, and mixed it with the harsh vocals from The Crusade. Now, I'm not one who's big on the scream-o type of metal, but after seeing Trivium in concert and hearing their songs from Shogun live, I could not help but fall in love.

Here's a sample of my fav. metal band.

No comments:

Post a Comment