I like weird music. It's kinda my thing. I get bored with "regular" music so I usually look for things with several layers- interesting riffs, lyrics, etc. MGMT is right on the money with the weirdness. The first song I heard from them was "Kids", and I immediately liked it. The chorus melody was intoxicating and I wanted to hear it over and over. One of my good friends found them about the same time as I did, and she introduced me to "The Handshake". This one is interesting because about halfway through the song, it changes and sounds like a completely different song. Two songs in one!
I really can't pick a favorite one from MGMT, but one more upbeat song is "Electric Feel". It's a fun song that induces head bobbing. Another good one is "Weekend Wars". The way that this one just goes right into it at the beginning is my favorite part. No messing around here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment