Tuesday, February 2, 2010

girly.

Ok, so I know what you're thinking..."Man, this girl has weird musical taste. Metal? Really, small 5'2" girl?" I know it's crazy, but I do have my girly side.

One of my favorite "girly" artists is A Fine Frenzy. Alison Sudol, a 25 year old from Seattle, Washington, released her first album "One Cell in the Sea" in 2007. It features singer/songwriter/pianist in a variety of songs about life and love.

I probably love A Fine Frenzy because of my life-long love of dance, particularly lyrical dance. Lyrical is a mixture of jazz and ballet, but it's really about dancing out the emotion in the song. The songs in this album have movement in the melodies, and they really make you relate to what she's singing, which especially help in dance.

Here's a pretty one. And here's a different pretty one.

No comments:

Post a Comment