So my father and I are "cut from the same cloth" according to my mother. After reading my last post, the parents decided that I wasn't truly showing just how diverse my taste in music is. In elementary school, my sister and I would sit with my dad in his truck at the bus stop in the winter mornings...so we wouldn't freeze to death. Ok, so not to death, but it was cold...and I was seven. Anyway, the times in the truck were ones that we still talk about today. From the 'skits' my sister would do to entertain herself, to the songs my sister and I made up about the numbers on the stick shift, to the music my dad played in his tape player.
One tape that my dad played quite often was Roger Miller. This is probably the 'twangiest' thing you will ever read about me liking. The tape my dad had was full of Miller's songs from the 1960's. When I was little, "You Can't Roller Skate in a Buffalo Herd" was my favorite. It speaks of ridiculous situations that 'caint' happen. Things like roller skating in a buffalo herd. Like I said, I was seven and it was funny.
Nowadays, I'm more likely to appreciate songs like "King of the Road" and "England Swings". Classic.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment