Thursday, February 11, 2010

old love.

Another one of my favorite bands is one that I often forget about. That sounds bad, but every time I hear Muse I remember how much I love them. They are so cool...seriously.

A good friend of mine introduced me to the band before it was cool to like them. She and I tend to like different music and Muse was right up our alley. I don't know of any band that sounds quite like them. Many of the bands songs sound very electronic and they seem to almost mix several kinds of music. For example, "Knights of Cydonia" has a guitar in it that sounds a little like the guitars out of the old beach movie music...Like Wipeout.

I tend to have musical ADD at times, so if I can find a band that has several different types of songs, especially ones that are different to begin with, it's a good thing. Muse has songs like "Unintended" that are slow and suit my 'girly' side, and then they have the rougher, more edgy side that suits my...well lets just call it my other side.

All in all, Muse is a very different band that has, not only kept my interest for years, but have continued to impress me more and more with each album they put out...not an easy task.

No comments:

Post a Comment